Active@ Floppy Recovery supports:
- Floppy disks (FDD) and floppy disk images
- Long file names and non-English language file names
- Search in images and floppy disks by text fragment or file name or/and file extension
- Disk Image creation and restoring
- Creation of the compressed FDD images and self-extractor files, containing whole floppy disk structure
- Storing reference to all floppy disk images that you are working with in Floppy Image Library.
Active@ Floppy Recovery can create:
- Regular floppy disk image. Disk image is a mirror copy of entire floppy disk stored as a file.
- Self-extracting image. This image file contains a small self-extraction executable code that restores floppy disk by itself. You can check the content of a self-extracting image before restoring floppy disk with Active@ Floppy Recovery.
- Compressed disk image. With this image you can do the same operations as with the regular one. Using this type of images saves you some space on a hard drive, the decompression time, however, would be somewhat longer.