File Scavenger® has advanced algorithms to transparently handle disks with many bad sectors and badly corrupted partitions. The software can be installed on a hard drive or run from a floppy disk. To run File Scavenger®, you must log on as a system administrator to the computer where data recovery is intended.
With File Scavenger®, files can be recovered from reformatted or corrupted volumes. This is even possible when a volume has been deleted and its original position and size are unknown. File Scavenger® can scan an entire physical hard drive to look for traces of defunct volumes.
Data Recovery Program features:
- Recovers the original filename and folder path.
- Recovers files deleted in a DOS command window.
- Recovers files deleted from a network share. (File Scavenger must be run on the computer where the share is defined.)
- Recovers files removed from the Recycle Bin.
- Recovers data from reformatted volumes.
- Recovers files from deleted volumes.
- Recovers files deleted from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down.
- Is especially effective in recovering digital images in JPEG format.
- Supports NTFS compression.
- Recovers files from broken striped volumes (RAID 0 or RAID 5) or volume sets (spanned volumes).
- Provides English and German versions.
- Supports both basic and dynamic disks.
- Scans badly damaged partitions.
- Transparently handles bad sectors when possible. Otherwise allows the user to skip ranges of bad sectors.
- Supports alternate data streams and sparse files.
- Can search for file patterns or filetypes.
- Recovers multiple files in one click.
- Restores the original Create and Modified dates.
- Can sort files by date, size, name, type, path, etc.
- Supports Unicode filenames.
- Scans very large volumes holding up to a few million files or more on a computer with sufficient RAM.
- Detects certain file types based on their data patterns, thus allowing recovery even when the file system structure is totally lost.
- Saves a search session to a disk file for reloading later so that a drive needs not be scanned again.
- Supports FAT and FAT32, but in a limited manner due to the inherent weakness in those file systems.
- Scans disk image files.
Manufacturer's suggested retail price: $ 45.00 (English and German versions are available.)